Road To Lady Victory FAQs
WHAT IS ROAD TO LADY VICTORY – A MONUMENTAL CHALLENGE?
Road to Lady Victory – A Monumental Challenge is a 5-month challenge culminating with the Indianapolis Monumental Mile on June 3, 2021. Beginning in late January, registered participants will receive special monthly incentives ranging from training gloves to performance training apparel.
The Challenge encourages participants to log a total of 331 miles by running, walking, cycling, or swimming and includes a complimentary entry into the Indianapolis Monumental Mile. We encourage participants to reach their 331st mile by completing the 2021 Indianapolis Monumental Mile, either in-person or virtually.
HOW MUCH DOES THE CHALLENGE COST AND WHAT ITEMS WILL I RECEIVE?
The registration fee for Road to Lady Victory – A Monumental Challenge is $75.
Registered participants will receive a total of five items in separate, monthly shipments starting in late January. We will send you training gloves, a training beanie, a neck gaiter, a lightweight performance training hoody, and a 2021 Indianapolis Monumental Mile Race Package, either in-person or virtual based on your registration.
WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF 331 MILES?
There are 331 steps to the observation deck of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. Lady Victory caps the monument which is located on Monument Circle in Downtown Indianapolis.
WHEN IS THE INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MILE?
Planning is underway for the Indianapolis Monumental Mile with the goal of returning to the streets of Indianapolis on Thursday, June 3, 2021. We are working closely with the City of Indianapolis, including the Marion County Public Health Department, to safely produce an in-person race experience for participants, spectators, and the Indianapolis community.
WHAT IS THE COMPETITION WINDOW TO COMPLETE MY CHALLENGE?
The competition window to complete your 331 miles is:
- In-person Indianapolis Monumental Participants: January 1, 2021, through the in-person Indianapolis Monumental Mile on June 3, 2021.
- Virtual Indianapolis Monumental Mile Participants: January 1, 2021, through 11:59 p.m. ET on June 30, 2021.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY MONTHLY SHIPMENTS?
We will ship your first item in late January. We will send the remaining items by the final week of each month.
We will send all items to the shipping address you provide during registration. You can update your shipping address in your account by visiting this link.
Please contact our team at email@example.com for assistance.
HOW DO I CLAIM MY ENTRY FOR THE INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MILE?
We will email your code to register for the Indianapolis Monumental Mile in March. You can select either the in-person race or the virtual race when you register.
Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
HOW CAN I STAY INFORMED ABOUT BEYOND MONUMENTAL EVENTS?
We encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and check your email regularly for updates about The Road to Lady Victory, the Indianapolis Monumental Mile, and other Beyond Monumental events.
HOW DO I LOG MY CHALLENGE MILES?
Please review the results submission how to guide and follow the step-by-step instructions to log in and submit your challenge progress.
You can log your miles manually or from a wearable device.
You will log your challenge miles and Indianapolis Monumental Mile results separately.
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MILE?
Please visit www.monumentalmile.com for more information.
HOW DO I LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT TO SEE MY PROFILE?
You can log in to your Beyond Monumental account via this link. You will use the email and password you created when you set up your haku account.
WHAT DOES THIS EVENT SUPPORT?
Beyond Monumental is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Proceeds from The Road to Lady Victory – A Monumental Challenge will support local public education centered around health and wellness. You can find more information about our beneficiaries here!
WHAT IF THE IN-PERSON INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MILE IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC?
If the in-person Indianapolis Monumental Mile is canceled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, registered in-person race participants will be converted to virtual race registrations.
WHAT RULES AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DO YOU RECOMMEND?*
Virtual Safety Tips
- Please be aware of your surroundings, use running trails or sidewalks if possible, use crosswalks when crossing roads, and obey traffic laws as you are not participating on a closed course.
- Carry your ID with you in case of emergency.
- Notify someone of the vicinity of where you will complete the virtual Monumental Mile as well as when you start and finish.
- Check the weather for the time you plan on completing your virtual mile. You have November 1 – 30 to finish your virtual run – reschedule if weather conditions are unsafe.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing in low-visibility situations.
- Use common sense and listen to your body. Do not attempt to complete your race that day if you’re feeling ill or experience an injury.
- Thoroughly wash your hands upon returning home.
- If listening to music, manage the volume at a level that allows you the ability to hear oncoming traffic and other hazards – consider participating with one ear bud in to increase awareness of your surroundings.
- If you’re experiencing an emergency during your virtual mile, call 911.
- In addition, follow guidance from government officials on social distancing and the CDC’s recommended steps to protecting yourself and others during a COVID-19 outbreak.
*Please note these are general safety tips and precautions for outdoor running and walking. Use your best judgment and complete at your own risk.