Road To Lady Victory FAQs
WHAT IS ROAD TO LADY VICTORY – A MONUMENTAL CHALLENGE?
Road to Lady Victory – A Monumental Challenge is a 1-month virtual running or walking challenge. You will receive a race package with your Road to Lady Victory Brooks shirt and special-edition medal. Additionally, you will receive incentives and recognition along the Road to Lady Victory, including digital badges, training resources, and prizes at the end for the miles you complete!
WHAT IS THE COMPETITION WINDOW TO COMPLETE MY CHALLENGE?
The competition window to complete your miles is March 1-31, 2023.
WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE CHALLENGE DISTANCES OF 131, 262 and 331 MILES?
Simply put, 131 and 262 miles are 10 times the half marathon and full marathon races distances, respectively. Additionally, as a tribute to the original Road to Lady Victory Challenge, 331 miles represents a mile for each of the 331 steps needed to reach the observation deck within the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. Lady Victory caps the monument which is located on Monument Circle in Downtown Indianapolis.
HOW DO I LOG MY CHALLENGE MILES?
Please review the Results Submission How to Guide and follow the step-by-step instructions to log in and submit your challenge progress.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY SHIPMENT?
We will ship your shirt and medal in late February. Any additional prize you earn will be shipped after the conclusion of the challenge.
We will send all items to the shipping address you provide during registration. You can update your shipping address in your Beyond Monumental Participant Account.
HOW DO I LOG IN TO MY BEYOND MONUMENTAL PARTICIPANT ACCOUNT TO VIEW OR UPDATE MY PROFILE?
Log in to your Beyond Monumental Participant Account to view your profile. You will use the email and password you used to create your participant account.
WHAT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DO YOU RECOMMEND WHILE TRAINING OR WHEN COMPLETING A VIRTUAL RACE?*
– Be aware of your surroundings; use running trails, public tracks, or sidewalks if possible; use crosswalks when crossing roads; and obey traffic signals and laws when you are not on a closed course.
– Carry your ID with you in case of emergency.
– Notify someone of where you will be and when you anticipate being done.
– Check the weather before you leave home and reschedule your outdoor activities if weather conditions are unsafe.
– Wear bright or reflective clothing in low-visibility situations.
– Use common sense and listen to your body, including when you’re feeling ill or if you’ve experienced an injury.
– Thoroughly wash your hands upon returning home.
– Manage the volume on electronic devices so you can hear what is happening around you; consider using only one earbud.
– Call 911 if you experience an emergency.
– Follow guidance from government officials on social distancing and the CDC’s recommended steps to protecting yourself and others.
*Please note these are general safety tips and precautions for outdoor running and walking. Use your best judgment and complete the miles at your own risk.
WHAT DOES MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT SUPPORT?
Beyond Monumental is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Proceeds from Beyond Monumental events support the Apex Benefits Monumental Kids Movement, a seven-to-nine-week youth running program that culminates with students running a 5K. The bi-weekly program focuses on engaging and educating youth about the benefits of physical fitness and healthy living. You can find more information about our beneficiaries here!
Click HERE if you would like to donate to the Apex Benefits Monumental Kids Movement.
HOW CAN I STAY INFORMED ABOUT BEYOND MONUMENTAL EVENTS?
We encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and check your email regularly for updates about Road to Lady Victory, the Indianapolis Monumental Mile, and other Beyond Monumental events.
Be sure to save the dates for our 2023 events:
– Indianapolis Monumental Mile: June 2023
– Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben, 10K, and 5K: Saturday, October 7
– CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K: Saturday, October 28
WILL I BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN OTHER BEYOND MONUMENTAL RACES VIRTUALLY?
We are excited to get back to in-person racing and will not have standalone virtual races this year.
Interested in additional virtual options for 2023?
Register for MARATHON IN A MONTH to complete the full 26.2 miles throughout the month of November in shorter increments.
HOW CAN I SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER AT BEYOND MONUMENTAL EVENTS?
Learn more about becoming a Monumental Volunteer HERE.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a volunteer group leader or if your organization is interested in supporting our events!
Contact our team at email@example.com.